Monthly Archive: July 2015
Have you ever printed from your label printer and noticed a straight vertical line of missing print? It might be only about <1mm wide going through your text, an image or even a barcode which can prevent it from being read correctly. This can mean one of two things:
- Your printhead is dirty
- Your print head needs replacing
Hopefully it’s the first of the two. If it is then here are some solutions that can help clean that muck off.
This month’s most popular video tutorial for BarTender users shows how to add and modify BarTender’s built-in shapes and objects.
If after viewing this video you need to refresh your memory, here is run down of the steps:
- Click the “Drawing Objects” drop-list.
- Click the shape you require.
- Click the object into the label and drag it to the size you need.
- Use copy and paste to duplicate an object.
- Items can be rotated using the blue tag
- Special items such as arrows have yellow tags to adjust the size of the arrow-head, and shaft width.
- To select multiple items at once, drag a boundary box around them or hold the “Ctrl” as you click on each item. Remember to let go of “Ctrl” after you’ve selected your items.
- Holding “Ctrl” will also maintain the aspect ratio when resizing an object.
- Double-click and object to see its properties.
- In the properties window you can adjust size, position, line styles & fill. Some of these options can also be found in to the toolbar.