The D600 is the first of Brother’s range that features a colour screen. It’s a direct replacement for the P-Touch 2730 which was always a great printer for office use. The PPI of the screen is also higher than most of the previous models making the print preview of the labels and viewing the fonts clear and easy to see. As usual this printer, like other Brother printers, detects what size TZe tape you’ve inserted but this also detects the colour so what you see on the screen is what you get out the printer. Featuring an automatic electric cutter this printer will cut the labels for you. You can choose to cut each label, at the end of a batch or switch the cutter off completely.
Monthly Archive: September 2015
This month’s most popular video tutorial for BarTender users shows how to add a serial number field into you label design.
If after viewing this video you need to refresh your memory, here is run down of the steps:
- Click the “A” drop-list.
- Select “Single Line”.
- Click somewhere in the label design to insert the text box.
- Double-click the text box border to view its settings.
- Select the “Sample Text” under “Data Sources”.
- Navigate to the “Data Source” tab and enter the default start number. This is temporary but helps define the number of characters, leading zeros (if any) and helps choose the correct size and location on the label design.
- Go to the “Data Type” tab. Set the “Type” to text.
- Now go to the “Transforms” tab. Under “Serialization”, click the wizard button.
- Choose “Increment” to count up or “Decrement” to count down (useful if you’re printing a whole roll where the highest number is the last on the roll.
- Under “Method” you can choose different options. The default is the most versatile.
- The serial number can change in steps greater than 1. You can also preserve the number of characters by ticking the relevant checkbox. This is useful so it will say 0001 instead of 1.
- You can preview the sequence before you finish by clicking on the “Preview Sequence” button.
- Click “Close” to return to the previous window.
- It is also possible to prompt for a start number at the time of print. To view the tutorial click here.
- Click “Close” then align your textbox.
- Click “File” then “Print”. Enter the number of serialised labels you wish to be printed. You can also enter the number of copies although this is likely you only want 1 copy of each number.
The P-Touch 2030 has always been a popular printer but all good things must come to an end for better things to take its place. The D450 takes its place in a perfect size for desktop use and handheld use. Supporting all TZe tapes from 3.5-18mm in a multitude of colours and materials this printer will run off of the included mains power adaptor or 6x AA batteries. This newer model also sports 14 fantastic fonts and a whopping 99 different frames! There’s also an organised library of over 600 symbols suitable for any environment. Barcodes are easy to produce at just a couple presses; it can produce barcodes from all the common styles including CODE 39.
This compact, portable printer doesn’t lack features at all as it has a PC-style QWERTY keyboard with a large, high-resolution backlit display.
It doesn’t stop there! Plug this into your Windows* or Mac** computer and you’ll get even more out of your printer with the P-Touch Editor software.
This tough printer with smart capabilities can literally take a hit and still perform like new every time. With laboratory symbols, vial/tube auto-sizing, drop-lock-and-go cartridges, a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery and two year warranty adds up to an affordable tool for quick and efficient label making in any type of laboratory. High quality label materials designed specifically for the laboratory environment create durable, professional labels for your laboratory samples! It’s comfortable to hold, not heavy and can easily be operated while wearing gloves. It also has a large backlit display so you can clearly see all the details you’re entering before you print. It will run off the included rechargeable battery pack* or 6x AA batteries and has a selection of preloaded symbols that are all you’d need for your lab samples.
- Stickers designed for cryo vials and slides.
- Greek symbols & icons commonly used in labs
- Vial label function automatically cuts the tape according to the size of the vial
- Automatic serial numbering
- Time & Date stamp
- Large 3 line backlit display
- ABC keypad, graphics library, hot keys and menu functions for fast label creation
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery* or 6x AA batteries
- Magnet** for more convenient use and storage on laboratory benches
- Ergonomic design makes it easy to hold and use.
- Laboratory specific materials designed to withstand harsh laboratory environments.
- High quality, long lasting labels that stick and stay stuck.
- Prints on 6-19mm wide labels
- Adjustable label length with the high performance continuous tapes
- 7 different industry specified materials that last