If you’re reading this, chances are you’re sending a lot of letters and/or parcels, and the frustration of queuing in a post office is somewhat reminiscent of being stuck in between two caravans on the M25 during the August bank holiday. Or perhaps you’re considering using a franking machine, but the initial cost of buying, or being forced to commit to an expensive leasing contract is holding you back. That’s why Royal Mail have developed SmartStamp, a more convenient and professional approach to postage. So, what exactly is it?
What is SmartStamp?
In Royal Mail’s own words, they say “SmartStamp is an online service that lets you print any amount of postage onto an envelope – so you’ll never have to worry about buying stamps or using a franking machine. You can print a single envelope, label or sheets of labels from your PC and you can print as many as you like”.
How does it work?
The simple diagram below is the perfect summary:
For your convenience, we’ve also created these 2 screencasts below so you can see just how simple SmartStamps is to use.
Who is SmartStamp for?
This can vary according to business size and frequency of use, but typical users/professions who might benefit from it include:
- Ebay Power Sellers
- Huge timesaver
- Print direct from your label printer with either single labels, mail merges or bulk prints
- No more queueing in post offices
- The ability to add personalisation adds professionalism to your postage
- £4.99 per month (or £49.99 for 12 months) may put some people off
- If your label printer is not connected and you press print, you’ll still be charged for the stamps