This month’s most popular video tutorial for BarTender users shows how to make an automatic date stamp.
- Click the text tool “A” button to insert a text box
- Choose single line and click anywhere on the label to insert the textbox
- Double click the textbox border to view its properties
- Under “Data Sources” click the “Data Type” tab
- Change “Type” to “Date”
- Choose the “Format” of the date to be display (such as DD/MM/YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD etc)
- Click “Close” and the date will always be correct at the time of print.
- To add an offset to the date: double click the textbox border to view its properties
- Under “Data Sources” click the “Transforms” tab
- Click the “Offset” button
- Change “Offset Source” to “Constant”
- Adjust the “Offset” value and click “OK” then “Close”
- You can also choose the “Units” as days, weeks, months or years
- Now the date will always print with the chosen offset from the day it is printed