If you’re lucky enough to be using direct thermal labels, you won’t need this, but if you’re using more robust thermal transfer labels, you might find this page useful.
It can be struggle to work out how many rolls of ribbons you’re going to need for a batch of label rolls. Even we struggle to work it out, and we end up doubting ourselves with the answer we get.
Struggle no more
I’ve made a useful calculator to help you find out how many rolls of ribbon you’re going to need for your rolls of labels/tags.
As you can see from the form below, you can enter the details to get an answer quickly and easily. Follow these steps:
- If you’re using a continuous roll, check the “Continuous roll” checkbox.
- Enter the size of the labels (or the length of the continuous roll).
- Adjust the size of the gaps between the labels (if applicable).
- Enter the number of labels per roll, and the number of rolls (if applicable).
- Most of our ribbons are 300m long, but some Zebra, Brady and other ribbons can be longer or shorter, so change that where required.
- You’ll get a number that is rounded up to ensure you have enough ribbon to print on all your labels.*
*Correct according to the calculator and does not factor in any waste of ribbon and/or labels.